Saturday, November 20, 2021

Solo playground.

 Yesterday (Friday) I had it in my mind to attempt a solo outing to a local playground with the two kids and myself. I’ve been hesitant to do this for a few reasons. However, yesterday I had been thinking about it all morning that it was the. It was beautiful weather, a Friday, and why not?! 

I picked Kolten up from school and got news of an incident where he climbed up on a table and fell down. He has a quarter size red goose egg on his forehead so I kind of decided nevermind to the park because I didn’t want to chance another head injury. I loaded up the kids and headed on our way home. Well, I talked my self back into it. Kolten was totally fine, no reason not to enjoy the moment and see how it goes. So I went to Greenview Park, one of our local favorites in Arcata. There wasn’t anyone there so I was able to park as close as possible. When I parked I noticed there were a few pre-teens hanging out. No big deal. I got Cora out first and loaded her into her carrier. Then I went around and got Kolten out. Then, we headed over to the play area. Although the bigger kids were not using the most appropriate language, they were being respectful to Kolten (I asked them to be aware of him so that way they didn’t accidentally run into him, etc). He started floor level and played for a while and then he ventured up to the slide. It’s pretty safe but there is one tall spot for him to fall off and that made me nervous. Now, while he was playing and I was carrying Cora, she got hungry. I was able to breast feed her in the carrier! Ahh, it felt amazing. I just did it. And it worked 🤣 I wasn’t sure what to expect. Breastfeeding is all new to me and honestly it’s quite intimidating. Being able to feed her while still keeping up with Kolten made the whole trip. It started getting chilly and dark fast (thanks daylight savings). We had a great play and after exhausting the Kolten friendly toys, we headed out. Excited for our next adventure of three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment